Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 3

I like the appointments being later in the day. I am able to adequate sleep at night, even though its in the other room for Jacqui and Avery. Today was a slow day getting started, but very needed. I had an eventful day yesterday and am starting to get some of the side effects from the chemo. The steriods have given me these insane hiccups. They stay for HOURS... The first three infusion days have been at three different places. Monday was at the hospital because Dr. Rich's and the IV Therapy were closed for the 'holiday'. Yesterday I went to the IV Therapy because Dr. Rich's office is closed on Tuesdays. And Finally, I am in Dr. Rich's office. A few comfortable chair is his office. And Corey, the RN from yesterday, did a great job with my IV, and they are able to reuse it today. I'm glad the pokes have gone down. I still can wait for my port placement next week. It will save me a lot of pricks and nurses who think they know they are best at IVs.
I shaved my head last night. It was spontaneous. I walked downstairs and got the clippers. Marilyn walked down staits, and I was blad, without a shirt, and a smile. Jacqui made her way down to the stairs. When she saw me, she was upset. She wanted family pictures before I cut my hair. Its not that bad. My head just looks a little wider. She eventually got over it. We took the clippers to her head and cut a little. She looked at me so pissed, even though she found the spot and told me to do it. We even took a little swipe at Avery's head.
There was quite the difference in shaving Austin's head and Seth's head. Austin's was super thick and curly. Seth's mullet was like butter. He has some white hair when its short. It took a while to talk him into getting his hair cut. If that is the worse thing that he has to endure is shaving his head, which will grow back in few weeks, he got off easy. All the other side effects that cancer patients have to go through, like these dang hiccups, are worse than any words or looks people will give you if you shave your head in support of a cancer patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment