Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pre-holiday festivities

It may take a while to get this post completely written. I can't sit in the same spot for very long. Thursday, after some running around for work, I wasn't doing too well. I didn't know why something had hit me so hard. I laid on the couch and told Avery, the 5 1/2 month old, to play nice with herself and to ask if she needs anything. It didn't work too well. Its like she knew I wasn't feeling well and she wanted to be right next to me. When Jacqui got home, I fell alseep for a while. Come 9 pm Thursday night, I called Dr. Rich's answering service. When I got a hold of him at 10:30 pm, we went into the Emergency Room at UVRMC. After listening to some islander, who has a voice like a villian, talk about every detail of the LDS Church to three college students for almost an hour, we finally went back to the room. $150 co-pay is extremely difficult to pay when they drag their feet. It would have been faster to get Dr. Rich into his office than wait at the ER. They gave me an IV, which wasn't all that great. The nurse must have been ending her shift. After drawing a soda can amount of blood, she filled up 10 to 12 different vials or bottles to do different blood cultures or blood tests in. What we did find out after being at the ER for 3 hours is that my stent is probably infected and I need to start a course of anitbiotics. That throws a wrench in things.
After getting home and into bed about 2:30 am, I couldn't fall alseep. Between the fever that wouldn't go away, and the pain in back when I lay on it wrong, that 7:30 am wake up time for the MRI came very quickly.
I fell asleep in the MRI twice. It sure did make me hold still. The results were normal, which makes me happy that I can stay a clinical stage 2.
After my MRI, we met with Lenore, and eplained that there is a possible infection. She said that my port implant will not happen today. I will have to wait until the 2nd of August before I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment