Tuesday, August 27, 2013

107 Days...

I am 107 days from accomplishing number 4 of my revised bucket list.  First, marry a wonderful woman who is my best friend through everything good and bad. Second, become a father to a wonderful daughter who is growing too quickly. Third, beat cancer. This one revised the whole plan and became the only objective.  Through this experience I have gained a new sense of purpose and a second chance.  Everything that I said I would do, but didn't quite act like I wanted it became important.  Because I was able to overcome cancer, I am now able to return to school. I have completed 5 semesters since my last chemo treatment.  I am starting my 6th and final semester of my undergraduate studies.  Its been a long hard 5 years with Jacqui but we have made it through.  I see Avery becoming more like me, which frightens me. 

Back to the 107 days...  Only that many more until my life can start.  No more hiccups in the plans for my small family. I will complete my Bachelor of Accounting from UVU and begin the search for an accounting position and applying for graduate school.  I have been thinking of the past few years and trying to think of what objects define me for one of my last courses.  My last few years have been with objects like nasal cannulas, port-a-cath, lovenox, books, stuffed animals, pictures drawn by Avery, and someone still holding my hand. What are the one or two things that define me in my pursuit through this life?  I haven't solidified my answer for the course.  And I know the churchy answers won't make too many friends in class. I will have to think on this for a while and determine what will make a lasting impression on the classmates and the professor.

No comments:

Post a Comment