Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Considering myself lucky

This is a draft that I started last year some time.



Since I was given the all clear last November, I have seen a lot of other struggles that people at US Synthetic have gone through.  The amount of medical difficulties falling on people today (2012) is becoming hard.  There has to be something or someone better out there to solve this cancer epidemic.  Three different people have fought diseases and lost.  They have fought hard but were unable to overcome.

Its an interesting phenomemon that associates people with cancer. Everyone can tell of at least one person that has had cancer in their family or friend circle.  Its a whole different ball game when that person is yourself.

In the past week, we have lost giants at work.  Mike Clayton, who was an extremely bright guy, would alway teach me something about his project when he needed a part.  He wouldn't rush through things. He was a very particular man.

With my beginning routine everyday at work, I check my email to get me up to speed as to what has happened already through the day.  I talked with Dirk a few times regarding his cancer treatment and gave a few insights for expectations with chemotherapy. I never was able to visit him when he was doing his treatments. A fellow cancer-beater and co-worker, Brian, told me about Dirk's worsening condition.  It brings questions every time I think about the situations at work.  Why was I able to beat the cancer that came upon me, and these two other people weren't so fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment