Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wonderful Life

Today, Avery is one month old. She is so old and more mature. She is already asking for a car. ;)

All of the same thoughts ran through my head again today as they did when I was first diagnosed. Feelings of inadequacy, fear, anger, depression, and shock only begin to describe those thoughts. I made my way to the outpatient center after Accounting. I took my time driving there. I wasn't in any mood to get bad news quickly.
When I arrived, I picked a seat that had a great vantage point of the whole waiting room. I sat there observing the other people. I listened to the sounds of the kids playing, HVAC, and the ding of the elevator. No magazine interested me. I sat there contemplating where I might be if I hadn't gone through this battle with cancer.

I checked online to get the results. I knew that the blood work wouldn't be on there. The x-rays were. :)

HISTORY: Testicular Cancer

COMPARISONS: 11/2/2010

TECHNIQUE: PA and lateral chest

FINDINGS:
Lungs: Normal
Plueral spaces: Normal
Mediastinum: Normal
Bones Normal

IMPRESSION: Normal. No radiographic evidence of metastatic disease.

Yeah. No cancer. Now I have to wait until the AFP and bHCG tests come back. I will discuss everything with Dr. Stephenson next Wednesday. He'll get to see Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment