Friday, March 11, 2011

McDreamy (Jacqui's Crush)

Another great phone call came my way this week. The nurse called me to let me know the results from my AFP tumor marker blood test. NO CANCER. The levels are back in the normal range. It was quite the relief. With everything that has happened in the past two months, it's good to know that I am headed in the right direction with my treatment. I need to be in Avery's life as much as I can.

Ever since Jacqui was placed on bed rest, and now that she is at home all day with Avery, she wants to get out of the house whenever she can. She came with me to the Huntsman Cancer Hospital for my check-up with Dr. Stephenson. Actually it was PA McDreamy. :)



He looked like Patrick Dempsey. Jacqui was all googly-eyed the whole time. I don't think it was awkward at all when she was nursing Avery and McDreamy was using all his moves on her.

We walked into Clinic A, the clinic of the hospital that deals with urological cancers, and Jacqui sat down while I checked in at the desk. Avery began to fuss a little. Jacqui took her out of the carseat to get her quiet. The second that cute baby came out of the carseat, everyone was there, looking at her, complimenting her cute face, hair, or clothes. I'm glad that everyone said she looks like her mother and not me. If she looked like me I would feel really bad.

Everything that McDreamy told me I already knew. I had the chest x-ray and bHCG tumor marker done the previous week. I knew that I was going in the right direction. I needed to make sure that I was doing everything possible.
My $40 visit was the best thing that happened to me that day. I was able to brighten some fellow cancer-fighters' day by bringing Avery. It may be the only thing that makes them smile for a while.

I am glad that I was given this opportunity to battle cancer. Albeit an easy battle, it still had the potential of being even more serious. I understand the surroundings better. I see more faces and try to remember names. I have been changing some of the music I listen to. I have found a new interest in new age piano composers and arrangers. I had an interest in Jon Schmidt for a long time. Then to Paul Cardall.
One of my favorite songs by those two is Tribute by Jon Schmidt. I would listen to that song and read. Two of the books that I read while listening to that song are by the same author - Mitch Albom. The Five People you Meet in Heaven and Tuesdays with Morrie. Its funny how there are things that you do years before you realize the significance of them. One quote that fits the mind changing events that have happened since September 19, 2010.



"So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning." - Mitch Albom, from Tuesdays with Morrie

No comments:

Post a Comment