I went to see Dr. Landau last friday. It was good to see someone that has been there through this cancer journey from the beginning.
As we were walking into the Physician's Plaza, I saw one of my professors from UVU in a minivan. I didnt stop, but did ask him about his visit during class a few hours later.
His daughter, nine-years-old, was at the doctor to get an MRI. Suspicion of cancer was their main concern. Nine. Thats too young to be getting cancer. She doesnt know anything about coping or fighting. She is sstill relying on her parents for everything.
I described my experience to Prof. C today after class. Loud noises, tight spaces, inablity to move your head, and the magnetic pulsing in my eyes. He said,"I should give her more credit for being brave." She has to be. There isnt any other option. You fight through the diagnosis, treatment, and surviving. The toughest physical parts for me are over, I hope. Now I need to fight mentally to stay poositive and tell everyone my story, and perhaps convicing someone that early detection is always key.
Nothing breaks my heart moer than seeing a child, bald, attached to tens of machines, unable to comprehend the severity of what they are doing. They want to keep playing, even though their body is so weak. They have smiles that peirce completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment