Yesterday I went to the Outpatient Center and was greeted by name from all the employees. jk :) I bet most of them do know my name because I am there so much now. The scan was the same as the previous one that I had on 9/28/10. The contrast still is hard to get down and I spend alot of time on the toilet.
The CT scan is clear. That doesnt neccessarily put me in the all clear. The teratoma element of the cancer is what is concerning to myself, Jacqui, and Dr. Stephenson. We all agreed that something has to be done to get rid of the cancer. I want to take proactive steps.
9/28 scan - Tiny retroperitoneal lymph nodes appear benign.
11/22 scan - There is no lymphadenopathy (lymph node disease, or that the cancer hasn't spread there, at least not visible.)
The good news from all this is that the radical orchiectomy may have been sufficient to cure me of the cancer. That dang teratoma sucks. The surgery may end up being a total waste of time, or perhaps, the better side, rid my body of the uncontrolled growth of cell, aka cancer. I guess the next diagnostic milestone will be when the pathology report comes back from the RPLND surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment